Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dark MsStress - A Second Life


By the time 2006 rolled around I had grown tired of producing the comix, which  although were being viewed by thousands monthly,… was getting me very little reader feedback with the exception of a few loyal supporters. The TG TF community consisted largely of closeted individuals who were too afraid to post in my fan groups even anonymously. My readers didn't seem to understand the importance of fan feedback to someone who creates content for free on a monthly basis… So I packed away the Poser files and moved on.

Second Life is a virtual 3D world where 3D environments are inhabited by user avatars. Although not as great as poser graphics at the time,… I did find it fascinating, and created an avatar for myself based on my Dark MsStress character.
Eventually, I played around with the idea of trying to create some comics using the Second Life engine, but that proved to be more difficult than i'd anticipated, and almost impossible to do without the help of other peoples avatars. So, I dropped that.

In 2009, When I'd finally gotten a computer that was capable of handling the graphics required for recording Second Life, I began to play around with the idea of 'machinima' (…movies using game graphic engines such as 'The Sims, Grand Theft Auto… Second Life…)

This Dark MsStress trailer was one of my first attempts at machinima. You can see the choppy frame rate I was getting from the graphically intense second life at the time, but it was cool to actually see an animated version of Dark MsStress running around.


No comments:

Post a Comment