Saturday, August 24, 2013

Birth of a MsStress - 'The Dark Mistress' (Pages 1-3) 2002


I decided to continue the concept and turn the story into a series. Kick ass chicks were what was happening in movies and TV at the time… Dark Angel, Alias, Terminator 3 were amonst my favorites.
So, I developed the lead character of my story as a vigilante Dominatrix who uses her 'Synthetic Estrogen' drug to defend herself against ruthless males (...and sometimes not so ruthless....) who got in her way. She was by no means a 'Super Hero'... More of an excuse for me to find a way to do more transformations... But, differently than what other artists had been doing, which tended to be more light & fluffy,...or quicky one shots. but as I developed the story every month, I started going further into a back story that started to explain who Donna Simmons was, and her motivation.

This Subway scene from Dark MsStress #3 'The Dark Mistress' is a favorite of mine, influenced by Charles Bronson in the classic 70's film, 'Death Wish'

'The Dark Mistress' Pg.1 © Midnight 2002

'The Dark Mistress' Pg.2 © Midnight 2002

'The Dark Mistress' Pg.3 © Midnight 2002




1 comment: